Tracking a site is as important as developing it. Google Analytics is a powerful tool that will help you get the right insight about your website and each of its elements, by providing supporting facts and figures and enabling you to take an informed analysis. A better understanding of every aspect and feature of Google Analytics is therefore a must to assess every step and decision you or your team makes. While you can churn out many reports from this tool, the below are a few of the most crucial:
- Visitors Overview: Wish to probe into the nitty-gritty of the website? Visitors overview is the ideal tracking tool to serve your purpose. A detailed analysis of the amount of traffic you have, the number of page views, the average length of visit and the bounce rate is shown here. You can also acquire a further comprehensive analysis about the quantity of traffic you are receiving, the size monitors of your visits and the connection they have been using.
- Traffic Sources Overview: This report gives you a detailed analysis about the source of your traffic; whether it was the search engine, any website, or other URL. An understanding about the competence of the resource will pave way for effective allocation of funds for resources.
- Referring Sites: These sites, in a way, have served to be a gateway for people landing on your site. Visitors referred to these sites (not including search engines) before entering your own site.
- Keywords: This report will render you the list of words visitors used, search engines used and information about the efficiency of each keyword, the time visitors have spent on your site, the number of pages they view, conversion rate, the way they convert amongst many other metrics.
- Top Content: Know the pages that have garnered the most traffic, with this website tracking. This will help you apprehend the way people use your site and would want to use your site.
- Map Overlay: This report will help you recognize your target audience, in an enhanced way. The map will give an overview of your source of traffic with respect to their location. You can dig deeper and even find the city’s name from where your visitors come.
- Site Overlay: With this tool, you can identify the percentage of visitors who clicked a particular link on a specific page of your site. Fructify this information by designing your website accordingly.
Putting an end to your guessing, predictions and assumptions, Web Analytics will provide you with all the necessary information about your visitors, your sites, their preferences, sources of traffic and the preferred pages on your site. This tool ensures that your next decision is always an informed and conscious one, substantiated by supporting facts.
Understanding the varied features and aspects of Google Analytics will help you to use it in an enhanced and efficient way. A few most crucial reports that website tracking via Google Analytics renders include visitor’s overview, traffic sources overview, referring sites, keywords, top content, map overlay and site overlay
This article is written by the research team at Convonix, an internet marketing firm based in Mumbai, which offers Website Analytics as one of its major service offering.